With most of the old site functions restored, we roled out a new feature that used to be for SGS members only. The surname database, which we are populating as we speak, will contain a lot of information such as:
- Surname and alternative spelling,
- Background information; alternative spelling, etymology, migration information,
- Slava's; if applicable the family saint will be listed,
- Primary Source: The original source that will make it possible to verify the status of the surname entry,
- Location: Via Google Maps.
All information will be linked and referenced. We will soon allow the public to post entries. We are always open for volunteers and feedback.